Sunday, June 26, 2011

"They were... laughing?"


The scenario was like this…

I was sitting in front of the computer and some of my friends and relatives were beside me. They were talking. I didn’t bother hearing the words they were saying because I was focused to only one thing inside my head: ’my mom was dead.’ I wiped my tears silently with the back of one hand. “Just don’t be obvious,” my cousin said; she was also crying. I don’t really know what she meant but I faked a laugh at her and wiped my tears again. Suddenly, Ynna sat beside me. ”Let’s tell them the truth!” Ynna exclaimed, while searching a comfortable spot of the chair then reached out for my hand. I have no idea of what she was saying but I was telling her not to do it.

Then, my vision was blurry and the scenario changed…

I took a bathe in the bathroom. Then suddenly, I felt that there was nothing occupying in our house but silence. I know, there’s something going on. Some of my relatives and friends are in my house, so why is it too silent? I asked myself. I grabbed a towel, covered it around my body and went outside. The house was really dark and, creepy. “Oyyyyyyy!” I shouted. It was so loud that our divider vibrated. I checked the rooms, hoping that someone was behind the doors. This is a prank, I thought. I walked in the center of our mini hallway and I checked the room on the very end of the mini hallway. As what I have expected, my relatives and friends were behind the door. I shouted with anger and they were… laughing?

Then I woke up, crying. I stand up and prayed — I prayed to God that He may not allow that day to come too early. I went to the mirror, combed my hair and wiped my tears. I went out of my room and saw Gerlyn watching cartoons. My father saw me and hugged me unconditionally. I could smell the scent of the soap he used. I rushed in to the library and turned on the computer. I was still crying while typing this crap. I don’t want that day to come. I mean, I know it would come but I don’t want it to be early. I want it to be like, I’m around 40 or 50 or something. Err, I don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment